Jun 13, 2009

Mom Peeve #3: Half naked pregnant lady.

Mom Peeve #3: The prego who likes the bump flash a little too much...
First, let me say, I LOVE pregos. I am a veteran of "The Pregnancy I and II." I adore pregos with their cute little baby bumps. I empathize with the slow, sweaty, swollen waddling women, and I feel the pain of the ready to burst "to be mommies."And I REALLY feel the pain of the birthing mamas!

I love a good "look at me grow" flip book via facebook or whatever as much as the next lover of babies and moms. I myself, have created such a facebook album. Its all fine and dandy when you give us the profile shot, but when you hike that shirt up to your boobs to expose the largest belly most people will ever see shooting straight out over the top of the maternity jeans, its just too much. Too much naked, too much belly, too much! And when your belly button is doing freaky things, now you're just scaring people. Its not your fault, but all your facebook friends might like to see that massive bump inside your cutest motherhood top instead. All that naked is a little much at 20 weeks, a little more at 30, but 40 weeks + 2 days, and that's a LOT of skin. I remember scaring myself in the mirror when I was 40 weeks.

Before you get worked up, I truly believe a growing baby inside a mom to be amazing. But when your belly expands to the size of half your body, that's a whole lotta naked you're throwing out there!

So take your glowing, growing mama shots all you like, but keep your shirts on please, at least in public. If you need that naked belly shot with your husband's arms wrapped around you making a heart shape with his hands over your belly, fine. But after that, let's keep the shirts on. Actually this proves a great life lesson for all women pregnant and not. Let's keep the public nudity to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment